Monday, August 1, 2011

In just 4 months ...

In just 4 months I will finally graduate college.  i'm 38 years old, I have three kids, and I have worked most of my life in jobs that don't pay.  Now, I will graduate college into an economy that is still struggling and maybe even getting worse.  I have so many choices to make -- grad school, try to find a job, take time off and go overseas to teach English, stay where I am, move ... It's such a hard decision to have to make.  The economy where I live is considerably worse than larger cities -- here, if you don't work medical or retail, you have no job.  I'm debating on grad school and like George Mason in the Arlington area of Virginia and also Cleveland State University in Ohio.  I find myself thinking I want to just get a job and work, and try to get some money into the bank, and then I discover the easiest path to do that would be working overseas where I could put as much as $1000 a month into the bank.  This blog is about the journey I am still to take and the decisions that I must make.  I hope yo don't mind adding your thoughts and advice every once in a while -- it might help me choose the right path! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment